AN INSIGHT INTO GOD FIRST FOOD CANTEEN + AN INTERVIEW WITH THE OWNER


This canteen has been my favorite buka for a while now to the extent that when my parents came visiting, this was where I took them to eat and I can tell you that when it comes to the food taste, they've not fallen my hand in anyway. They started out early this year in Ibadan and ever since, they've been waxing stronger and delivering quality and quantity.


INSIDE THE CANTEEN



The structure of the canteen is actually very funny. The first place you'll see is the kitchenlike balcony. However, the main canteen is not affected by smoke or anything. You simply enjoy the aroma. I'm very glad that they are quite neat in this canteen.


I guess what made it this way is because they majorly use gas to cook unlike the conventional firewood. Also, they use some coals on the other side to cook some major food like amala etc.


The inner part is not all that big but enough to make you sit comfortably and enjoy your meal. Many times, when I eat outside, I tend to buy chewing gum or sweet after because of the aftereffect of eating out. Like, I always literally feel like vomiting right after either because of the taste the food leaves after or the smell of the canteen. But here, it's quite different.


However, you might still have to perceive this normal canteen smell once in a while if I'll have to be very honest. But then, it's not overriding. It won't make you puke or feel like throwing up. There's also a television for your viewing pleasure so that when you're done eating, you can simply sit back and relax while enjoying the programmes on the television.


They sell a variety of food ranging from Amala (their amala and abula is a winner. Try it out and thank me later!), Semo, Rice (Jollof, Fried and White rice), Beans and a host of different soups, meats etc. Their meat ranges from N100 and above.

RELATED5 TOP AMALA JOINTS IN IBADAN


They are located at Preboye Complex, opposite Emmanuel College, adjacent to UI, Ibadan. It's just a stone throw from the University Of Ibadan. That's why I can afford to visit them very often.


This guy was really enjoying his meal and even encouraged me to take his picture so he can appear on the blog. Lol. Their food is always this good!

RELATEDTIRE NI OLUWA FOOD CANTEEN AND RESTAURANT

A BRIEF INTERVIEW WITH THE OWNER OF THE FOOD CANTEEN


CAN WE MEET YOU PLEASE?

My name is Mr Raji Olalekan. I hail from Osun State. I'm an enterpreneur basically into food business.

WHEN DID YOU START YOUR FOOD BUSINESS?

I started out on the 4th of November, 2007 in Osogbo, Osun State.

WHY DID YOU MOVE YOUR BUSINESS TO IBADAN?

I moved so as to change my location to a higher place.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE IBADAN ABOVE ALL PLACES TO MOVE TO?

Sales is faster in Ibadan than some other states. I sell more in Ibadan. Also, Ibadan is peaceful.

GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY INSPIRED YOU TO START FOOD BUSINESS?

When I sought for admission, I wasn't given in 2004 - 2007. Then, I usually sit to think of what I could do with the available time. So, I read books and realized that there are many businesses in Nigeria that people don't want to do because of fear and other factors. Meanwhile, it is done in other countries. However, the fact that people, mostly men, do not want to go into this business inspired me to start and then uniquely make a difference.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THAT ONE THING THAT HAS KEPT YOU GOING IN THE FACE OF CHALLENGES?

My zeal for the business keeps me going. Though, I face a lot of challenges but despite all lots, my zeal for the business keeps me going.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE COMPETITION IN YOUR BUSINESS?

I don't even compete. I do my own and that's all. When I was in osogbo, I dealt with maggi company and then, they would give me maggi and all because I stood on my lane and wasn't in for any competition. The Igbo canteen beside us is doing her own while I'm doing mine. Everything works for our good.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THAT ONE DISTINCTIVE FACTOR IN YOUR BUSINESS THAT GIVES YOU AN EDGE OVER OTHERS?

The taste of my food is a winner.

HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO BE CONSISTENT IN GIVING PEOPLE GOOD FOOD?

Well, it's because I'm the one cooking it.

WHAT ROLE DOES YOUR WIFE PLAY IN THE BUSINESS?

She makes rice while I make Amala.

HOW SUPPORTIVE IS SHE?

She's okay. Very supportive.

SO, DO YOU MAKE MONEY WELL FROM THE BUSINESS?

Well, not like before due to some challenges like UI students going on holiday. Before then, we make a lot of money. But we thank God.

DID YOU PARENTS SUPPORT YOUR DECISION TO VENTURE INTO THE FOOD BUSINESS?

Not at the start because they were worried about the stress and other things. However, they eventually supported it.

ADVICE/LAST WORDS

In anything you do in life, one must expect obstacles. By coming across these obstacles, it won't be strange to one even though people think you'll fall there.

Thanks for the audience, sir.


Mr Raji Olalekan, the MD/CEO


The food he was having. It was very delish!



I also had to take a quick selfie for the camera!


God First Food Canteen is the place to visit if you want any good food ranging from rice to swallow. Aside from giving quality, they try their best to give you quality. A trial will convince you!

ESTIMATED MONEY YOU WILL NEED WHEN VISITING GOD FIRST FOOD CANTEEN - N300 - Singles Price (You won't spend more than this for one delicious plate of anything you want to buy)

Photo Credit - My Infinix Hot 4 Lite

Side Gist - Something great is about to start on the blog and it concerns singles alone. Be expectant!

Thanks For Reading!!!💗💋

EMETE

6 comments:

  1. I know this canteen. Wow! I must try it soonest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. If I am around that area, I would check them out. How are you Love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bibi. Do check them out and thank me later. I'm very fine sugar!

      Delete
  3. Woa! I'm going to try the canteen very soon, very soon. Thank you, Smartest.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.