MOVIE REVIEW: ALAKADA RELOADED

                        Image result for alakada reloaded

If you've been following my movie series on this blog, you would already know that I've always wanted to go see Alakada Reloaded in the cinema. I finally went to see this movie and I'll be giving you my own slice of the bread from this movie.

I also saw Isoken, 10 Days In Sun City and Transformers: The Last Knight. Expect my review on them very soon. I'll drop one tomorrow anyway so turn your post notifications on! I will also be seeing Alter Ego and Wonder Woman tomorrow and the day after. The day I went to see 10 Days In Sun City, one of the security guards at the cinema was showing me Wonder Woman on his phone. Dem don pirate the movie finish. LMAO! My Nigeria People! I carry yansh for una!

Alakada Reloaded is actually the last movie I saw and supposed to be the last movie I should review but I just can't wait to share my mind with y'all and I will really appreciate if y'all share this post.

RELATEDMOVIE REVIEW: THE BOSS BABY

CINEMA EXPERIENCE

Image result for alakada reloaded

I went in company of my oga at the top. He actually didn't want to go see any movie. We were supposed to spend some time together after not seeing for over a month but I begged and begged before he reluctantly agreed. I was hopeful that we would have a nice time filled with laughter and it would make up for the time.

Image result for alakada reloaded

We took a cab to Ventura and went straight to the filmhouse box office to get our tickets. The movie had already started so we entered immediately without getting any snacks or drink. The entire cinema hall was as scanty as it could be. I supposed other people would join since the movie was just starting. I guess just one or two people joined when the movie started. I convinced myself that the movie had been out since May 26 so people had already seen it all and had a great time which was a valid explanation.

MOVIE REVIEW

PLOT

           Image result for alakada reloaded

The movie is about a young lady called Yetunde who has all the dreams in the world to succeed but is confined to her poverty stricken life and therefore decides to fake it till she makes it. She is an uneducated fufu seller who decides to form wealthy meanwhile she has nothing.

Image result for alakada reloaded

She gets herself into too many trouble. One time she went out with a man who stopped by at the filling station to get fuel. He however goes to the loo with the mindset that Yetunde would be attended to. As usual, she is asked to open the fuel tank but the illiterate Yetunde is confused on what a fuel tank is and after a quick flash back, she goes under the car like a mechanic with the aim of opening the fuel tank there.

       Image result for alakada reloaded

Another time, she goes for a musical audition and rather than rendering songs, she begins to twerk as described by her friend who goes over to report the scenario to her husband. Not only is Yetunde a wanna be, she's also seen as a nuisance to her family as her father cannot get over complaining about her.

Image result for alakada reloaded

Finally, Yetunde gets screened into a reality show which is similar to Big Brother where there are cameras all around with people watching from their homes. She would have made a great housemate if she didn't over exaggerate her moves. She tried to be friends with one of the housemate who was apparently from a wealthy home but she doesn't get the chance to.

 Related image

However, another fake wannabe housemate in the house eventually becomes her friend and teaches her how to truly fake the life but Yetunde is not smart enough to move with the flow. She eventually falters. It is worthy to note that almost all the housemates were also building castles in the sky with their fake life.

   Image result for alakada reloaded

When eventually new housemates join, Yetunde is acquainted with one of them and is quite uncomfortable faking her life in the house. She eventually gets kicked out after her numerous drama and lies to her friends back home that she left on her own accord.

          Image result for alakada reloaded

Back home, she falls asleep and has a dream that her father wasn't her biological father after-all and her true father is the King of Comedy, Alibaba. Hilarious Yetunde immediately denounces her supposed father and begins to address him as 'uncle' to his surprise. Her new father was still promising her the world when she was awoken to reality by her father and realized that it was a dream. She was very depressed and told her father that she would have loved to die in her dream since she was about living the life of her dreams.

RELATEDMOVIE REVIEW: ALIEN COVENANT

MY COMMENT

#SIGH Fancy! Truth be told, this is the most disillusioned film I've ever seen. Toyin Abraham disappointed me and I can categorically say that this movie is an insult to our intelligence. Toyin, really? I had high hopes. I expected a lot. I'm greatly pained because she had a major opportunity and she let it slide just like that. Was she high when she was writing the script or she was dozing when the movie was being shot or she was chit-chatting when the movie was being edited? Didn't she sit down to watch the movie from the beginning to the end before finally approving it for cinema experience? No, Toyin fell my hand o. This movie was star studded. It had the likes of Odunlade Adekola, Helen Paul, Gabriel Afolayan, Ali Baba, Peteru, Woli Arole, Iyabo Ojo, Lala Akindoju, Kehinde Bankole, Lilian Esoro, Annie Idibia, Comedian Ebiye to mention a few. Haba! And none of them could give her a little word of advice? It's no surprise that she made a whooping N50million in one week because fans were excited. I was personally excited too and we expected great things. I had to crack my brain before I could write a meaningful plot for the movie because just as other people reviewed it, the movie has no plot or story-line. My oga at the top exclaimed at the end of the movie,

           'This is the best rubbish I've ever seen!'

It's the best because of course, we laughed at some point. Actors like Odunlade tried to save the movie as well as Gabriel and Peteru. Peteru was the funniest as well as the cook and her partner. They did a great job with the comic relief but after their parts, we went back to hissing and whining. The cameras were spot on, cast made sense. All she needed was a good story-line and a great editor. Shikena. I hope she sits down to listen to constructive criticism and learn from her mistake. Her next movie can be a great hit and please, with a good story-line and straightforward lessons because Alakada Reloaded has no lessons to be learnt.

Toyin Abraham is a great actress. One of her movies 'Eta Oko' was awesome like back to back but then, she could be a great actress but a poor script writer. Designate that job to someone else. What's division of labor for? Kunle Afolayan doesn't write the script of many of his movies. He gets good scripts and makes a great movie out of them. I see potentials o please no let am waste. I'm glad she made her money. After-all, that's the koko of the matter but beyond that please!

Related image

MOVIE SCORE

25/100

   Related image

Thanks For Reading!!!💗💋

EMETE

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is the most sincere review on alakada that I'm reading. Thanks for this dear! It was a sincere waste of my time and money. Rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Fancy! I'm glad you confirmed my feelings, kehinde.

      Delete
  2. Honest review. 25/100? Damn! I'm not gonna see such movie with my money. Where has Kunle Afolayan been sef?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks realm. Kunle afolayan is around. He recently did a new movie ROTI. you should go see it!

      Delete
  3. Lol...
    real waste of time, but what were people expecting sef?
    The story line of the first and second alakada isn't great too.

    becomingyeva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Ehen. I never even knew that the first alakada towed the same line. I was simply expecting something great in this era of blockbusters. It is well sha.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.