MOVIE REVIEW: ALIEN COVENANT

            Image result for alien covenant

Hearing from your blog readers brings nothing but joy to the soul!


*breathes in fresh air*

So, one of the blog readers suggested I start up a trend on here. She commented that I should start doing a review of movies I watch in the cinema so that it can give them an idea of whether or not to see the movie. I found that brilliant and I decided to take up the challenge and trust me, I would be as real and truthful as I can ever be.

On my last post about current movies showing in the cinema, I mentioned that I was going to see the movie - Boss Baby. If you missed the post, click HERE to check it out. However, when I got to the cinema, Boss Baby wasn't showing for the night. I was left with some other movies and I decided to see AliEN: Covenant instead since the attendant said it was interesting. Actually, two things happened.

Now, I met with a male attendant who was selling snacks at the filmhouse section and asked for his advice. He said the two top interesting movies showing were XXX acted by Vin Diesel and Alien: Covenant. He however told me to watch XXX as it is more interesting. So, I went to the box office section to get my ticket. The attendant was a lady and she advised me to go for Alien: Covenant instead. She even went as far as allowing me watch the trailer. That's how I got the ticket for Alien: Covenant. Little did I know. I can conclude that guys have better movie taste than ladies. I'm serious!

                                      MOVIE REVIEW

PLOT

                                           Image result for alien covenant

Alien:Covenant is a horror movie about a group of men and women or is it guys and ladies now? Anyway, it's about males and females who travel to earth in order to secure something. A treasure, maybe? It started with a man who wore a body hugging cloth...more like a swimsuit calling another man his creator. He then asked his creator that if he is his creator, who then created him. I was like ghenghen at this point. In my mind, I thought the movie was going to make sense. Suddenly, I saw some other people in something like a rocket - aeroplane in somewhere like space. They were sha talking and all and were calling a robot voice their mother. Later on, they decided to go to a deserted place in earth where demons exists unknown to them. The first group left.

              Image result for alien covenant

Two of the men were doing stuff and inhaled something that turned out to be demonic elf - looking creatures. They started behaving somehow and when the other people around tried to help them, the situation aggravated and at the end of the day, the demon bursted out from their back to the terror of the people there. That's when the group realized that they were in danger. They began running helter skelter till they saw a man that led them to the inner part of the deserted area. The man was a music lover and so, taught one of them music. However, the demons were still creeping around and started killing them one by one.

              Image result for alien covenant

Back on the rocket like areoplane, the second group were trying to get in touch with the first group on earth but couldn't. The leader whose wife was part of the first group on earth decided to risk it and go in search of the first group. Some disagreed but at the end of everything, they flew down to join the first group on earth. When they got to earth, they also met the inherent terror and that's how the demon killed most of them and only like three of them survived because a jet came to carry them back to the rocket like aeroplane. Meanwhile, the head of all the demons followed them inside the jet.

              Image result for alien covenant

When they got back to the rocket like aeroplane, they were excited that they survived until the head of the demons alerted them that one of the demonic creatures was inside the rocket like aeroplane. The lady and guy who survived then went in search of the creature to kill it. The creature had already killed two people in the rocket like aeroplane. They ended up killing it. At the end of the movie, they decided to rest in their tub which is were they usually stay. The lady covered the tub of her partner while the head of the demons covered the lady's tub and when she asked him a question and he gave her a demonic smile, she realized he was evil and started screaming and crying till she died. That's how all of them died and the head of the demons started incubating little demons.

                Image result for alien covenant

MY COMMENT

This movie is pure rubbish and except you like movies without a reasonable structure like AY's A Trip To Jamaica, then you can go and watch it. Nevertheless, it could pass for a little entertainment if you are a horror - movie lover. The movie has no moral lesson and is a futuristic sci - fi plotted in 2150 or so. I watched it for N800. To me, that was simply a waste of my money and time.

             Image result for alien covenant

MOVIE SCORE

25/100

                                                    Image result for alien covenant

Thanks For Reading!!!💗💋

EMETE

4 comments:

  1. Nice movie review. I enjoyed the pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You killed it. Imagine movie directors coming to beg/pay you to review their work.

    Sadly, I wont bother seeing this movie. Next!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.