DISCOVERED! THE LAW STUDENT WITHOUT A PAUSE BUTTON


You know one thing about Ibadan? Ibadan is encompassed with very talented individuals in every kind of field. One notable thing about Ibadan is that just before Lagos became a metropolitan city, Ibadan have always been known to embrace people of all kinds of tribe and language. In Ibadan, you will find indigenous Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Urhobos, Efiks, Tivs and even people from the abroad. No wonder they have enviable people who exude great and enviable traits and talents because when you mix with good people, you will become better. When you mix with people better than you, you will become the best as time goes on. And when you clash with people who are in their best, you will eventually become excellent. This interview says it all. You simply need to relax, suspend buying christmas chicken for now and enjoy the interview!


On today's Interview, we get to meet a very young lady who is in her final year in the University Of Ibadan. This lady is the definition of beauty and brains and the exact definition of small but mighty. She is a lady politician, a dancer, a spoken word poet, a techie, a content developer and a lawyer in training. She is an all - rounder and a lady with a very big heart. She is a determined and strong lady who knows what she wants and is ready to conquer. This interview would make you get out of your abode and do a one hour thinking. You just have to give it up for Gift Agboro. Enjoy the interview!

1. TELL US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF


Err, often times when I am asked that question, I really don’t know where to start from. I am just a young passionate lady who loves achieving whatever I set my heart to do and I also happen to be the 5th child and 2nd girl of my parents. I am from Delta State.

       2. YOU ARE AN ENTREPRENEUR. WHEN DID YOU DISCOVER SUCH SKILL?
Lol, when I figured I don’t want to be just a lawyer tied to the books and statutes, also when I discovered that I had a passion for combining colours and making home/office space comfortable for people. When I discovered I could bridge societal gap by meeting societal needs.
    3.  IS THAT A POINTER TO THE FACT THAT YOU BECAME AN ENTREPRENEUR WHEN YOU GOT ADMITTED INTO THE UNIVERSITY?
Well, I believe everyone is an in-borne entrepreneur. Even before I got admission, I have always been business inclined. I used to man my mum’s enterprise and I did well while doing that.

      4. THERE IS A GENERAL BELIEF THAT LAW STUDENTS ARE VERY SERIOUS AND HAVE NO TIME FOR EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO COMBINE ENTREPRENEURSHIP ALONGSIDE LAW?
Wowwww. I must say that you are right. I have had tons of people telling me the same thing. But you know in all, asides the ability to plan my time effectively, I would say that Law and entrepreneurship are two things that complement each other, more like bread and butter and you know, I don’t like eating my bread empty. Lol. So combining both have been awesome for me because to me, they complement each other. There are things I find passion doing and as you would know, passion never dies.
      5. EARLIER THIS YEAR, YOU CONTESTED IN THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN'S STUDENT UNION ELECTIONS FOR THE POST OF VICE PRESIDENT BUT LATER STEPPED DOWN. CAN YOU PLEASE SHED LIGHT ON THAT?
Hahahahahahahahaaha really??? I guess this question would keep coming up till God knows when. Well, there is really nothing to say about that. I decided not to go for it for several reasons which I would not want to fully divulge on this platform.

      6. YOUR CONTESTING FOR SUCH POSITION IS A SIGN POST THAT YOU ARE ALSO A POLITICIAN. DO YOU INTEND TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORN IN POLITICS LATER IN FUTURE?
Lol. I know I would be called up for it in future and when the call comes up, I had surely answer.😊
      7. ASIDES FROM POLITICS, YOU ARE A DANCER. WHEN DID YOU DISCOVER YOU COULD DANCE?
Since I was a kid. I used to dance for my church and school.
      8. DO YOU BELONG TO ANY DANCE GROUP OR YOU DANCE FOR FUN?
Yes to both😊. I am a member of Alien Nation Dance Crew and I dance for fun too.
      9. DANCING ASIDE, YOU ARE A POET. WHAT KIND OF POEMS DO YOU WRITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POETIC INSPIRATION?
Hehehehe. I write any type of poem so long I am inspired to write it. I am my poetic inspiration. However, my inspiration are influenced by maybe a feeling of some sort or what I observe in my environment.
     10. CAN YOU JUST IN FIVE SENTENCES COMPOSE A POEM FOR US? IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE PERFECT😏
Lol....Okay

Right there where I sat,
I saw the exhaustion on her face,
It was as though she had let go of
The thin breathe sustaining her very
Being..

The struggles of life,
The imperfection of creation,
The unpredictability of nature,..

She sought to find solace in the
Chirping of birds,
But she could find none..

She thought maybe if I get entangled
In drugs,
Just maybe, I’d be whole..

But little did she know,
She was long way gone

πŸ’†πŸ’†πŸ’†

    11.  LOL. BEING A CONTENT DEVELOPER, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU DO IN THAT LINE?
I write and build up articles. By build up articles, I mean research and ensure that it is well developed for the enjoyment of readers. It also entails proof – reading of articles too.
     12. DO YOU ALSO WRITE FOR COMPANIES? OR MAGAZINES OR YOU OWN A BLOG?
I hope to write for companies some day. Presently, I am into e – magazines and blogs.
      13. ALRIGHT. AS A TECHIE, DO YOU DO CODING AND PROGRAMMING OR WHAT LINE OF THE TECH BUSINESS ARE YOU INVOLVED IN?
See, as days go into months, I develop the urge and thirst for technology. I feel technology is just awesome. Recently, I am more inclined in the digital aspect of technology more like graphics design and all. But on the other hand, I can boldly say that I hope to be a mobile app developer. (I currently have an idea which I am working towards). I am also interested in firewalls(more like protective walls).
     14. WOW. YOU MUST BE A CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE THINKER IN A WORLD WHERE YOUTHS ARE DIMINISHING IN IDEA DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION. WHAT REALLY INSPIRES YOU AS A PERSON?
The desire and knowing that I can be the best I want to be. The desire to be the best I can be.
      15. DO YOUR PARENTS AND FRIENDS SUPPORT YOU?
Of course they do. I have an amazing set of parents and really awesome friends who have been there for me through thick and thin.
      16. SO WHAT HAS BEEN THE CHALLENGES SO FAR
Hmmmmmm...By so far, you mean in what journey in particular?😏
      17. ALL
There are times I really want to do somethings like hit another feat in my career or academic or my entrepreneurial Journey but sometimes things don’t work like you plan them to do...and that’s quite challenging to me because despite trying to be flexible and not so rigid, I don’t like when my plans don’t work out the way I want it to. But over the years, I have learnt to be open – minded.
   18.  YOU KNOW, YOUNG AND DETERMINED PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ALWAYS OF THE OPINION OF WANTING TO STICK STRICTLY TO THEIR CAREER. THEY SEE RELATIONSHIP AS A BIG DISTRACTION. ARE YOU OF THE SAME OPINION AND ARE YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP?
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Well yes, relationships could be distracting if not channelled right. While in others, some relationships help visions come alive. Am I in a relationship? Lol, I would love to keep that as private info.
     19. BEFORE WE LET YOU GO, CAN YOU TELL US YOUR OPINION ABOUT CHRISTMAS AND HOW YOU INTEND TO SPEND THIS UPCOMING CHRISTMAS?
Christmas to me is more of celebrating the birth of Christ. It’s all about Jesus Christ. Although as a believer, I am meant to always celebrate Jesus Christ. So December 25th is just a universal day set out for thin purpose. I intend spending it with loved ones and family back in Delta State. It falls on Sunday, so after church, would spend time with the aforementioned, see some movies, watch reality shows etc.
      20. SO WHAT ARE YOUR CONCLUDING WORDS AND ADVICE TO EVERYONE READING THIS INTERVIEW?
Be true to yourself, your dreams. You are in no competition with anyone but yourself. Have fun, enjoy life to the fullest, take risks, do something new. 😊😊😊. Love, Laugh, and Live.

America's President, Barrack Obama, once said “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Gift Agboro has made me understand that you can really be a Jack of all trades and be a master of all as opposed to the usual saying. Just be good in whatever you do.

I hope you enjoyed the interview above. Are you in love with the things she does? Thinking out way to collaborate with her? Thinking out ways to sell to the world this DISCOVERED! talent? Want to meet with her? You can get in touch with her through any of her contacts below
 Phone/Whatsapp - 08035908257
Her personal Instagram page - @giftagboro


If you would like to have a feature on this section of the blog or any section of the blog, make sure you contact me. My number and email are on the blog. If you don't have it by now, you should be spanked. And I hope you are having fun on the 5 days of Christmas sequence...as e dey hot!!! Thanks for reading!😊😊

  P.S - Have you listened to my christmas song yet? You can do so by clicking HERE
EMETE

4 comments:

  1. She's really without a pause button. So many things bundled into one and that's really inspiring.
    Life Lately
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @olaa bobade, yeap. It's truly inspiring. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  2. My colleague to be. I like how she doesn't restrict herself to a particular field. One can be a doctor and a writer, a singer and a computer programmer etc.
    Great interview.

    Is your job making you unhappy?

    How I almost became an Environmental Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @bisola, I concur. One shouldn't just fit into just one single box. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.