(DAY 2)CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN: IBADAN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HOW THEY WILL SPEND THEIR CHRISTMAS

Christmas is one holiday the entire world looks up to. Did I just exaggerate? I mean, most people look up to the Christmas season because they often utilise this opportunity to elope from the stress of work, school and everything called stress. However, too many people have little or no idea of how they will spend this upcoming christmas holiday because they have either ran out of options or they don't have the resources. My curious self went out to the streets of Ibadan to ask different people how they will spend their Christmas. Perhaps, people like me can steal one of their ideas and have a great Christmas. Enjoy!


(NOTE - THERE ARE NO TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY OF THE COMMENTS. EACH COMMENT IS WRITTEN EXACTLY THE WAY THE RECIPENTS SAID IT.)

BARRISTER ADEJARE
(A Barrister, Christian)
(I met him while I was trying to buy a CD disk from a movie seller. He held my hand and I was wondering why only for him to comment that I was really pretty. Awwww....I'm blushing!😊😊😊😊 Thank you, sir! It was later on I learn't he was a top lawyer. WHAT?!!! I ran after him to get his opinion but he insisted I don't take his picture. I was sad but I concurred. So what did he say?)

'If you are not married and you are the outgoing type, if you like visiting places, you could go out for recreation. But as a family man, the best in this circumstance is to stay at home, enjoy whatever you have with your family. Right from my youthful days, I never buyed into visiting friends or anything like that'

AHMED 
(Keke Napep Driver, Muslim) 
(I met him after I had finished my convo with barrister Adejare. He was very calm and pleasant)


'Starting from morning, when I wake up, I will pray. I will go outside to meet some of my friends that are christians. That is normal things now' 

KEHINDE
(A Graphic Artiste, Christian)
(Actually, I wasn't supposed to speak to Mr Kehinde. The first person I met was disinterested and so, a lady directed me to Mr Kehinde. He was pretty hilarious and welcoming)
'I will spend it with my family and in your house too(referring to me...lol). Christmas is festive period where you share with people. Normally, I do go for poultry and get 12 chickens and I give 2 to my mother-in-law. 2 to my pastor, 2 to my family, then the rest to the less - priviledged people. Then many of my friends will come home and celebrate with me. Then, I go to church. Then thenext after christmas, we go for sight seeing'

MRS MOHAMMED
(Boli Seller, Christian)
(Mrs Mohammed had this very warm spirit and was all smiles when I walked up to her. She offered me a seat because she needed to attend to a customer and answered me sweetly.)
'I will go to funfair, take away my children there so that we will go and enjoy our christmas. We enjoy ourself at home. My children will go to their friends to enjoy theirselves. Maybe evening time, we go to shoprite. That's all'

BANJI
(NURTW Worker)
(At first, he was kind of reluctant since he was on duty. However, he later granted me audience when I explained my mission well to him. He seemed very nice)
'I will spend my Christmas in Ibadan right. I like to spend it in Ibadan. I can hang out with my babe to see some family and friends to have a nice tie. Then, nothing else now.

ADELE - BOLAJI
(A Lecturer at Emmanuel Akinyande College of Education)
(First of all, being a busy man, he didn't have time to answer me but I give it up to him for granting me the audience. He was driving into a complex when I walked to his car and spoke to him. He parked, got down and followed me to a quiet place where he contributed his opinion. Nice man!)
'I will spend my xmas with my family. I will go to church to go and thank God. We will have chicken, thank God for sparing our lives. We will have picnic, me and my wife. Then we will go to church and thank God.

EMETE
(Blogger, Singer and a student of the University of Ibadan)
(Err...when I first met her, I really don't know what to say because she is me and I have met me and I am still meeting me...always meeting me. Just read what 'me' has to say😀)
'Thank you very much for the audience! I will love to spend my christmas with my family and also wish my mommy, my daddy, my sister, my brothers, my boyfriend, my friends, my acquaintances, my blog readers and everyone who loves me a merry christmas and happy new year in advance!'...(Who still remembers that line?...lol)

Hope you enjoyed reading and you now have christmas ideas? Have a nice day ahead!

P.S - Don't forget the Interview in the evening and have you listened to my song yet? If you haven't, you can listen to it by clicking HERE

EMETE


   

2 comments:

  1. Lol, miss emete. I so remember that line!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.