MY RAMBLINGS AROUND VENTURA MALL

Hello. How did your Monday go? Mine went well as you would be seeing in this post. I finally visited ventura after years of wining and dining in Ibadan. It was actually an unplanned visit but nonetheless, I had fun. Incase your Monday was so stressful and boring, do take a cup of coffee, rest your back and enjoy the post! Let's go down memory lane and experience ventura together live in Ibadan.


MY JOURNEY TO VENTURA MALL
If you are a student of the University of Ibadan, you can never miss your way locating ventura. It's a very popular place for lovers and singles who want to mingle. It's also popular for friends to hangout or organize a birthday celebration and for people like me, it's a great place to unwind and network. Me I yam not looking for boyfriend or bestfriend o. I have already. I am finding business network. That's what I need to move the ministry forward. Trust me, I was able to do that perfectly well.

So I took a bike from UI (University of Ibadan) down to ventura mall. It's just N100. I tried pricing it down to N80 but the bike man didn't agree. He assured me that he wasn't giving me price (Whatever that means though). Ventura mall is located at
Plot 5 and 6 Old Aerodrome Road Along Sango-UI Road, Samonda GRA Ibadan Oyo State Nigeria., Nigeria. This is a very straight forward address incase you are planning to explore the place.

MY JOURNEY INTO VENTURA MALL 
 
There was a security man at the gate and he asked to check my bag. I jokingly told him I was carrying a bomb and that amused him. He checked anyway but it was very briefly. There is something I have noticed about security people these days. When it comes to checking people's belongings, they will just check VERY BRIEFLY and that's all. What if the person is hiding something harmful deeply beneath the bag. In this case, my bag was very full. I had popcorn, trident gum, my class note, money and orisirisi inside. I would have preferrably emptied the bag as long as it's for security reasons.
So there were many cars there. I guess the place is always filled with so many people.
The mall is being worked on...the side of the mall. I was able to take some pictures of the entrance. It seems the place is still under construction because even when I got in, there were some places I couldn't enter. They were restricted.
Unlike what I thought, there weren't so many people starring at me while I was taking pictures. I assumed all eyes would be on me but it seems it's not a new or strange thing so I kukuma continued taking more pictures.
I was really very anxious about going up so I forgot to take pictures of the down area. E ma binu. Let's go up.
At the upper part, there were many shops there. Some were selling clothes, there was a hairdressing salon, there was a yoghurt restaurant and I have a lot to say about that yoghurt restaurant...
So I was supposed to jejely continue my ramblings when I sighted Tutti Frutti. No one has told me about the place but I stumbled on it online and on a restaurant website - OFADAA(You should check out the site!) - when I wanted to register a new website. So seeing it in reality struck me. That's how my inquisitive self entered the yoghurt place with my phone.
The place was pretty enough. The chairs were cool. I really like the bright colours. It's attractive. The customer service was okay at least I disturbed the attendant and he wasn't angry...lol
I asked some questions. I didn't understand the orisirisi that they displayed. O wa dabi toy (It looked like toy). In order not to appear somehow, I decided to order for their yoghurt. the attendant told me I needed to serve myself but I wasn't understanding (Bush geh like me). He stood up and decided to show me how it's been done but something just told me to inquire about the price. My people, that must have been the inkling of God o if not, das how they could have beaten me.
At first, he didn't want to tell me the price but after much pressure, he told me that a cup could go for something like say N1000...(Laughing in Urhobo)
Can you see the small cup that goes for N1000? I could not cry. I carried my self out o but not without taking one last picture.


From there, I entered the toilet. One of the things I like about the toilet is that it is mirrorfied. There were mirrors all over and the toilet was very neat. I wasn't pressed but I just wanted to have a view of the toilet. In the process, I met two other ladies who were very pleasant.
I and the tall girl in the toilet spoke at length. She is a medical student of the University of Ibadan. She and her friend came to see a movie titled Doctor Strange and they implored me to see the same movie but I refuted. I had made up my mind to see a trip to Jamaica. Before I left, she said we should take picshures.
It's only God that knows why I held my hands clasped together...chai
Leaving the toilet, I found my way to the second floor. The games arena was located there. I was really happy. At least, I could do something before the movie begins. At that time, it was 3:50something and the movie was to start by 5:05pm. So I went in to make enquiries.
But erm, I left earlier than I expected. The security man told me that it cost N500 to play a game. N500 equated two coins. Oops! I had money but since my visit was impromptu, I only carried money for film not games. So I found my square root.
The next place I found myself after I left the games arena was the ticket spot...I mean the place I paid to see the movie. I was able to catch up with a school mate and he brought his iyawo along.
Okay...it's called a box office. I actually thought it was N500 to see the movie but the attendant told me it's now N700. I had squeeze out extra N200 anyway.
After payment, I went to the last floor. That was the management floor. I even thought it was a bank so I kept on snapping until a man cautioned me that it was their management floor not a bank...sorry!
After rambling round, I went back to the box office area to sit down and rest while I awaited the movie startup. And thank God I got myself popcorn from school before coming down. I bought N100 popcorn and it was soooooo much! But out of curiosity, I decided to ask for the price of their own popcorn and they called one incredible price...maybe N500. Well, that's how much most cinemas charge. Me I don't know the difference between mine and theirs. Then I saw one takeaway pack with like five N10(Ten naira) puff puff and one N50 fish roll. At least, I should sha patronise them only for them to tell me it's N700. Aha! I almost fainted!. I quickly ordered for one bottle of coke. That one was N200 again when they are selling it N120 in school. If I had a prior knowledge, I would have bought from school while I was coming. I sha bought and went to sit down.
While I was sitting, I met a reknown singer called De Poet. He's the organizer of a gospel musical contest called Voice Out. It's the gospel version of Project Fame. We talked and laughed like we had known ourselves for years. Funny enough, we just met. His movie was due for 4:30 while mine was 5:05 so he kept my company all through. He had a nice time with me to the extent that he didn't want to leave . Yes, I'm that interesting when I am excited.

At long last, 5:05pm came and I gladly carried myself into the cinema courtesy of Filmhouse Cinemas with my N100 popcorn and N200 drink.

All in all, I had a nice time and you should visit them very soon. Enjoy these exclusive pictures below!

















ADDED INFORMATION
Ventura is a very nice place to visit if you are looking for somewhere to just unwind and hangout with friends like I mentioned earlier. It's also a place to locate your future partner incase you are single and relationship is pinching you. A great place to network for business people. An awesome place to shop and a very okay place to just enjoy your alone time away from work and stress.

ESTIMATED MONEY YOU WILL NEED WHEN VISITING VENTURA MALL - N3000 - for singles (This includes cinema and food money but doesn't include shopping money o)

PhotoCredit - Myself, the medical student and a guy I met at the mall...he was too friendly for a stranger.
Photo Used - My Tecno P5 and the medical student's Samsung phone (I am not even sure if her phone is samsung sef)
Unnecessary Information - I didn't enjoy a trip to jamaica o...truth be told. I prefer 30 days in atlanta by farrr. And I heard Oloibiri is a great movie too. I can't wait to see it. Another nice movie I can't wait to see is 76 and yes, 93 days.

Thanks for reading!

EMETE














23 comments:

  1. You are a fun writer! Is ventura in Lagos too or I would need to spend my leave in Ibadan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mrs Elda, There is no ventura in lagos o. That's why Ibadan is very special. You need to take that leave down to IBADAN!!!!!. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice post, Emete. You made us experience ventura really

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ore, thanx dear. That's the essence of the post! Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  4. Lol at the part where you said 50N puffpuff went for 700N. I wonder if it was made in heaven...smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @segun bright, i wonder too o. Expensive things all around. Thabks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with you, segun bright. But the thing is that some people will still buy stuffs like that...smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @atinuke, i agree with segun bright too. people who have the money will buy them sha. thanks for stopping by. do check back!

      Delete
  6. You guys are getting it all wrong. It depends on the quality of these things. If not, peopel wont buy it. People who buy them aren't wasting their money. They know quality. Besides, nice post, Emete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @anita, hmmm, if you say so! i didnt taste it so i cannot argue with you concernign quality. thanks for the compliment and thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
    2. Tah! Which kain quality? It's small chops my beautiful sister here is limiting to puffpuff lol. I've tasted filmhouse's small chops before and it was terrible. Thank God it was my ex who bought it and not me.

      Delete
    3. @anonymous, lol...your ex kwa? It is well o. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  7. For someone like me, I cannot waste my money on such. N700 in this recession? Lailai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ayobami, lol...waste your money kwa? if it is quality like anita said, go for it! thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  8. The fear of Tutti Fruiti serve yourself is the beginning of wisdom.lol. The day my colleague and I went, he had already warned me because he goes there often, not to do ojukokoro when I see the different flavours and toppings so I just jejely respected myself.
    Tastes good but expensive mehn. And if it melts, you realise you should just have bought farmfresh instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bisola, loooool...its the beginning of wisdom o! Thanks for the advice though. I should try farm fresh soon. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  9. I was just enjoying reading your nice blog jejely given your focus on Ibadan...when I saw you referenced Ofadaa.com for Tutti Frutti. Thanks!

    Please make it link (use https://ofadaa.com/) for us, so the good people of Ibadan can discover amazing restaurants in Ibadan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ofadaa, awwww, thanks a bunch and I will reference it. I have visited your site and I can say, it's really helpful. Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  10. You have a lovely blog. I was wondering if 76 is showing in Ventura and I stumbled on ur blog. You have a fun and easy way of writing 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @keerahs, thanks a bunch. 78 is still showing at ventura. You should watch it soonest! Thanks for stopping by. Do check back!

      Delete
  11. I would av to watch 76 here in Benin before going

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would av to watch 76 here in Benin before going

    ReplyDelete
  13. I needed some pictures on ventura and ur blog was really helpful..Nice one

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.